Friday, February 24, 2012

Let's play pretend

It is early January and I am on top of blogging! :) Ok....as some of you might have guessed I am pregnant! (most of you know) I just lose all motivation when I get sick. So trivial things like posting, dinner, cleaning, all gets pushed aside for a month or two. :) I am about 14 weeks now, and am feeling mostly normal! Yay! I thought I lucked out this time, because I didn't start getting sick till week 6, compared to mae at week 4. It wasn't nearly as severe, so I am hopeful it's a boy. :) So let's just pretend I'm not way behind, and I still want to have these Christmas pics and memories on here.

We went to California this year with Mike's family. It was so much fun! We stayed 2 weeks because Mike ended up having a sales blitz out there he was in charge of, so he was able to drive from his sisters where we stayed, and we actually got to see him occasionally. :) It was a good visit, and I am forever in the debt of the Belloli family for dealing with me that last week as I started getting sick. Let's be honest, I was useless. They so graciously made room for us and put up with us for so long! We love being there.

Christmas was so great, the girls got way too much of course, one or two gifts would suffice, why do we get carried away? Remember this for next year!! Nia would be happy with a box of candy. I enjoyed having sacrament meeting that morning after stockings, then gifts after. Good reminders. We all got together at Marcie's home afterwards for an amazing turkey dinner! We even managed to sneak a game or two in.  It was so great to get to see everyone, and to do it all over again the next weekend at new years.

One tradition I loved growing up with was having a birthday cake for Jesus Christmas eve. We sing to Him and everything!

 Finding Santas gifts he left for them.



 Mae and Nia loved teeter-tottering on the rocking horse!



The drives were great both ways, awesome roads and weather, and the girls were troopers. We were able to stop and see my sis on the way down. We stopped and stayed the night and the next day. It was such a fun little visit! So great to see where they live finally, and we had fun times playing games and hanging out. The kids really had fun playing as well. Nia and Connell have always been good buds. And little Callister is a doll! We were in awe at the incredible potatoe head collection, and I was pleasantly surprised to find princess potatoe heads were included! Katie was the hostess with the mostess with delicious meals and making us comfortable. We were sad to leave.






8 comments:

Kaylene said...

Yay! You posted! I was wondering... :) And you are the very first to post on my new recipe blog! You should win a prize or something. We loovvveedd having you guys at our house! It was so awesome to spend some time with you all at our neck of the woods. The kids were so cute together. And you're always welcome to come back anytime! I was just noticing how it's funny that both of our first-born have curly hair, and our second-born have straight! Funny! I can't wait to see what your third-born looks like! Glad you're feeling better with your pregnancy. That's always a relief and now you can enjoy what's left! Love you!

Marlene said...

Glad to see a post! Even if it was a Christmas post in late February. Are you one of "those" people that leave their decorations up well into the New Year, that drives me crazy! (j/k. Not about the driving me crazy part, cause that really does.) Mae's hair is getting really long and it is great to know Katie was the hostess with the mostest. Can we say 1992 anyone? HAHA. Thanks for the laugh! Love you!

Justin and Michelle Klingler said...

Congratulations!! That's so exciting and I'm
Glad you're feeling better!

camillewells said...

Hooray! Congrats, Emmy! I can't wait for another little Montez to make its debut into the world.

Audrey said...

those two girls...everytime i see them I think "STINKING CUTE!". And holy cow-CONGRATS on the pregnancy! woohoo! :)

Brockton and Mallory said...

Emm-
Congratulations!!! I've been wondering if you were pregnant only because you were hoping when we left in December. The new pictures of your girls are so super cute. I can't believe ho grown up Mae looks in 2 months time. Anyway, I'm so excited for you and glad you are feeling okay.

P.S. I feel bad I never comment on your blog and I your comments on mine are always so sweet! Thank you.

Michelle C said...

I didn't know you were expecting Em!!! So excited for you. Sorry you're feeling yucky, but I'm so glad it hasn't been as severe!! What what is the due date? How old will Mae be?? So happy for you guys. Super cute pictures. The girls are so grown up!

Emmy Montez said...

My "guess date" is August 28th, so Mae is going to be 27 monthes! There is 2 1/2 yrs difference between nia and mae, and it's worked great. This might be a little tighter, I'm hoping for another easy baby!