Thursday, May 7, 2015

Baby Elias

6 lbs 10 oz. 21 1/4" long.
We had our little guy a week early. He has been different from day 1, I was so much sicker, for longer, and his was so different from my other births! He made me wait in suspense all night. We went to the hospital when I had consistent contractions, I was dilated to a 4 for the past couple of weeks and 90% effaced. Once we got there around 9:30 things slowed and mostly stopped. They decided to watch me for a couple hours before admitting me. At 11:20 my water broke as I was lying in bed. This has never happened before pushing! I was excited thinking things would finally get going now. They admitted me and started my antibiotic for group b strep. No contractions except for one here and there all night until around 7. I had a fit around 2 and called the midwives in and said I wanted to go home. They kindly told me that wasn't an option since I was group b positive and my water had broken. I was so worried and stressed that I was going to have to have pitocin to get things going and I absolutely didn't want any interventions! They calmed me down and I grudgingly decided to stay as long as they gave me something to eat! I was starving and they wouldn't let me eat before. My midwife made up a plate  of snacks herself! I feel bad for being so demanding now, but at the time I had had it!! I slept off and on till 6, and after walking and bouncing didn't do anything I woke mike up and threw another fit. I was so emotional and frustrated! He gave me a blessing and we prayed together. I felt much more calm and things started up. Really strong, short contractions slowly turned into full force!! I got into the jacuzzi and after about 6 minutes got out and climbed onto the bed. The nurses came in, I think mike called them? And checked me. It was time to push! I really felt so tired and I just didn't want to push! They had to talk me into it. I was emotional and kept saying I couldn't do it. I finally felt ready and he came right away. He was born at 8:51. I could tell he was a small guy, and my guess was right on with his weight! When I first saw  him I was amazed by how much he looked like mike. He had the longest cord ever- (my midwife said) and everything afterwards went great. I had awesome nurses that just took care of me as I enjoyed baby. He hardly even cried, all our other babies just cried and cried! He made a little peep and just looked around. He latched on and ate within minutes. We sure love our little Man!! 
He has been a fussy baby, not sleeping very well. Hopefully we can figure that out soon. ;) my recovery has been the easiest so far and besides the exhaustion I am doing great! We are so blessed and I am grateful things turned out so well. 


A
Grandma came and stayed a week with us. She spoiled us with yummy
Food and the kids with park time and attention. The kids all adore him and still ask to hold him daily. Phwew! Q gets this cute smile every time he holds him. I am so grateful! 




5 comments:

Unknown said...

It was wonderful to be there with you all!! I loved being able to watch Elias's siblings accept him into the family so wholeheartedly. Your eternal family is beautiful. Enjoy!!

Heather Lloyd said...

Oh, congratulations again! We can't wait to meet him, and we love him already!! Sounds like you had an amazing birth, although different than expected. :) We love you all!

Marlene said...

Loved reading your birth story! Isn't funny how we just get so emotional and frustrated?! I can totally relate with Faith. I really need to somehow see this guy soon! Love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaylene said...

Oh, he's just so cute, and now I'm more impatient than ever to get my baby here too! I wish I could hold him! It will be interesting to see what my 4th labor and delivery will be like...getting nervous! Congrats again and enjoy that sweet little angel! Love you!

Michelle C said...

Yay - the birth story!!! I'm so glad you're both healthy and doing well. I hope the fussiness calms down! That has to be so hard especially with 3 others. I'm so glad that things picked up once you prayed and were able to calm yourself. That has to be so frustrating waiting forever and ever for things to start. Birth is so unpredictable, it makes it such a challenge to not have a plan. He is adorable!! He sure makes the other kids look huge!!