(we were in high-rise apartments) I think we're getting pretty good at all this moving stuff, it went really quickly and I wasn't really stressed this time. (yeah!) Oh course, mike has the hardest task, fitting it all inside the car! Here is Nia in the backseat of our loaded car. She looks pretty cozy, huh!
We ended up taking it slow the way home. We drove non-stop the way out in April and it was ok, but I was feeling too tired to stay up all night. (25 hour drive) So we stopped in South Dakota on the way home. We stayed in a small town which we found out was right by mt. rushmore! After driving around to 3-4 hotels, they were all booked. We finally found one. There were thousands of bikers out for something...the roads were FULL of them (annoying to drive with btw) and incidentally, so were the hotels :) It was nice though and Nia was finally able to get some good sleep. As were we. The next morning we stopped by mt. Rushmore. (along with all the bikers) and it was pretty cool to see in person. Apparently Nia liked the shapeless rocks better. ;) Anyways, to make a long story short, we made it home around 12 that night after a drive through yellowstone. (we kept ourselves enteretained by listening to fablehaven books on tape, and when we couldn't find the next book on tape, I read out loud to mike. They are really good!


2 comments:
what a cutie! glad you made it home safely!
-breanne
Cool! Mt. Rushmore! Definitely somewhere we'll have to go eventually. Is that a fit Nia is having in the last picture?! Hmm, looks very familiar...:) Yep, it's the toddler phase, yay! Sounds like a crazy trip. I'm not particularly fond of 21+ hour trips either...
Post a Comment